If you are searching in internet for How to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG Error, then you have landed at the right place. This Error in your Browser Points out that DNS lookup Failed while loading the web-page for you. You can Come across DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG error in Google Chrome, Firefox or any other Browser. The error Stops you from accessing Web Pages like Facebook, Gmail or Google.com & all other accessible websites with internet. It doesn’t matter which Windows Version you are using, This is a Internet Connection Error and is displayed in Browser. This Bad_Config Error problem will be solved. Today We will Show you 3 Ways to Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG error. Lets have a look at the trick to solve DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG error.
How to Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG Error
So, here we are providing the trick to solve this issue using 3 methods. You can use any of the methods mentioned below to solve the issue. After that you can use your browser normally to surf across the internet.
Method 1: Release/Renew Ip Address.
Using this Method, you will be releasing your ip address and then renewing it again. If the Problem is with your IP address then this method will surely work for you. Just Follow the Below Simple Steps.
Step 1: Open Command Prompt(cmd) By Pressing Combination of Windows key + R to open run. Now type in “cmd” and Hit Enter.
Alternatively, you can Press Windows Key + X , then Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
Step 2: Now you are ready with your Command Prompt, Type in ipconfig /release then click enter.
Step 3: Now again type in ipconfig /renew and hit enter. This will Renew your IP address.
Step 4: Close the Command Prompt and open your Favorite Browser to Check if the Problem is solved.
Method 2: Flushing DNS.
This method will most probably Solve the issue if the Problem is in your DNS Cache. In This Method We will Be Flushing DNS to Solve Error Code: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG. . Follow below Steps.
- First of all Open Command prompt.
- Now type “ipconfig /flushdns” without Quotes and hit Enter.
- You can see your dns is succuessfully Flushed.
- Open your Browser and see if the issue is still there or you have now fixed it.
Alternatively, instead of ipconfig /flushdns you can also type “netsh winsock reset catalog” and see if that works. If both of the above mentioned methods doesn’t work, then try the final method which will help you in clearing your problem.
Method 3: Tweaking DNS Settings.
If any of the any methods doesn’t helped you in fixing DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG error then Use this method. It Requires you to do minor Tweaking in your DNS Settings But In most cases this fixes the issue if done correctly. Follow the below mentioned step-by-step process.
- First of all give Right Click on Network icon in taskbar then click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Now from the Left pane, find and Click Change Adapter Settings. This will Open up Network Connections.
- You will now see all the Network Connections, Right Click on Active Connection and select Properties.
- Now look for Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), Double Click on it to open its Properties.
- In the Properties Window, Click on Use the Following DNS Server Addresses and Type in 18.104.22.168 in Preferred DNS Server and 22.214.171.124 in Alternate DNS Server Just like shown in Below Picture. Then Click OK.
Now Open your Browser and you will see that you have successfully Fixed Error Code DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG now. You can able to surf your internet without any interruptions.
Hope this information is useful for you. If you still have any doubts relating to this problem, ask us using comment box. Also share your thoughts and opinions and any other ideas you have relating to this issue using comment box.