CPA Syllabus for 2018 Exams. CPA (Certified Public Accountants) is the one of the highest level examination in the field of accounting section. So, the aspirants who are willing to study CPA Course must know the Syllabus applicable for the upcoming CPA exam. We have already provided CPA Exam Study Material in our previous article. Here we are providing CPA Exam Syllabus Applicable for 2018 Exams. So, check out for full details relating to CPA Syllabus from this article. You should also know about CPA Course containing Subjects & also the subject weightage marks from below. Also you can check out for CPA Minimum Passing Marks & Subject wise passing marks requirement. Checkout New applicable Syllabus for CPA Subjects i.e., Auditing and Attestation (AUD), Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR), Regulation (REG), Business Environment Concepts (BEC). So, checkout the full details relating CPA Exam Syllabus from below.
CPA Exam Syllabus for 2018 Exams
Before going to see for CPA Exam Syllabus for 2018 Exams, lets check out for the subjects list and the weightage of marks.
CPA Exam Subjects List & Weightage
From below table you can get the information about CPA (Certified Public Accountants) subjects list and the weightage of each subject.
- Auditing and Attestation (AUD),
- Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR)
- Regulation (REG),
- Business Environment Concepts (BEC)
CPA Exam Syllabus for 2018 Exams
Auditing and Attestation (AUD)
As CPA Exam is the most difficult exam to face, Auditing and attestation is the one of the hardest subjects which incurs in CPA Exam which hardly focuses on the all aspects relating to auditing. This section tests the candidates ability to handle professional tasks of certified public accountant and how they would further apply in real-life scenarios.
Auditing and Attestation (AUD) covers:
- The basic principles of auditing and designing of audit plans.
- AUD enables you to learn and prepare audit reports with ease.
- It encompasses attestation and compilations engagements to maintain a professional code of conduct at the time of audit process.
- You will have to give a demonstration of their awareness level with regards to International Auditing and their standards.
- It also includes understanding risk assessment.
CPA AUD syllabus and weightage
|Auditing and Attestation|
|Engagement Acceptance and Understanding the Assignment||12% – 16%|
|Understanding the Entity and Its Environment (including Internal Control||16% – 20%|
|Performing Audit Procedures and Evaluating Evidence||16% – 20%|
|Evaluating Audit Findings, Communications, and Reporting||16% – 20%|
|Accounting and Review Services Engagements||12% – 16%|
|Professional Responsibilities||16% – 20%|
Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR)
This FAR contains very vast syllabus to cover. So, CPA FAR will be beneficial in the long run if the candidate really works hard with this subject.
Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR) covers:
- The various aspects of the financial reporting practiced in the modern day business enterprises, or government entities.
- The key differences between GAAP basis and IFRS basis.
- The content which will help you to perform proper judgments in the application of principles in accounting.
- Compilation, evaluation and analysis of financial statements, execution of calculations and identification of various financial and reporting methods.
CPA FAR syllabus and weightage
|Financial Accounting and Reporting|
|Conceptual Framework, Standards, Standard Setting, and Presentation of Financial Statements||17% – 23%|
|Financial Statement Accounts: Recognition, Measurement, Valuation, Calculation, Presentation, and Disclosures||27% – 33%|
|Specific Transactions, Events and Disclosures: Recognition, Measurement, Valuation, Calculation, Presentation, and Disclosures||27% – 33%|
|Governmental Accounting and Reporting||8% – 12%|
|Not-for-Profit (Nongovernmental) Accounting and Reporting||8% – 12%|
Business Environment and concepts (BEC)
Business Environment and concept section deals with business and economic concepts. So, it is treated as one of the challenging exam for its nature of concepts. This section mainly focuses on business related aspects ans will help to improve the knowledge regarding business aspects and help the candidates to apply the knowledge of business tactics in the real-world scenarios.
Business Environment and concepts (BEC) covers:
- Business environment in general, and its core concepts.
- Foundational grounding in accounting and are exposed to underlying reasons for accounting implications
- Financial management information technology, and business strategies in addition to accounting concepts.
- Economic concepts, financial management, information systems and communications, strategic planning and operations management.
- Testing to determine different business strategies with their knowledge in strategic planning and market risks.
- Making financial decisions, forecasting trends in the market, and understanding internet’s implication in business.
CPA BEC syllabus and weightage
|Business Environment and concepts|
|Corporate Governance||16% – 20%|
|Economic Concepts and Analysis||16% – 20%|
|Financial Management||19% – 23%|
|Information Systems and Communications||15% – 19%|
|Strategic Planning||10% – 14%|
|Operations Management||12% – 16%|
Regulation (REG) is the combination of federal taxation and business law. This section mainly comprises of basic understanding of business ethics. Most of the this section portion will seem like content straight out of business law books.
Regulation (REG) covers:
- Tax concepts related to personal, partnership and corporate.
- Capability to understand legal responsibilities
- Tax implication and its various uses in business entities.
- Various tax issues and its consequences, wherein they will have to make alternative treatment and its application in real life scenarios.
CPA REG syllabus and weightage
|Ethics, Professional, and Legal Responsibilities||15% -19%|
|Business Law||17% – 21%|
|Federal Tax Process, Procedures, Accounting, and Planning||11% – 15%|
|Federal Taxation of Property Transactions||12% – 16%|
|Federal Taxation||13% – 19%|
|Federal Taxation of Entities||18% – 24%|
So, this is the Syllabus for CPA Course Exam. If you think this information is useful … don’t forgot to share this article with your friends. Also ask any of your doubts relating to CPA Course via comment box.